MACHINE TOOLS OF SPAIN
Competitiveness and Sustainability
Spain is the third largest manufacturer and exporter of machine tools in the European Union and the ninth biggest in the world.
- Thanks to the firm commitment of manufacturers of machine tools, accessories, component parts and tools to technological innovation, internationalisation and people development.
- This commitment has enabled them to export 75% of the sector's production on average to international markets and about 5% of turnover to be earmarked for research, development and innovation.
- The sector provides the main industries of the economy with production solutions and equipment, helping them to improve their productivity and competitiveness.
- These are very diverse industries with a high technological content: automotive, aerospace, railway, capital goods, power generation, dies and moulds, medical equipment, construction, optics, jewellery, etc.
- It is a strategic sector as it is the driving force behind technological progress and essential for production automation.
AFM - Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, COMBINING ALL THE SECTOR'S POTENTIAL
The Machine Tool, Accessories, Component Parts and Tools Manufacturers' Association of Spain represents almost 140 companies, which make this big economic reality possible. These companies represent 94% of total production, on the whole are geographically grouped, and surrounded by a very strong auxiliary industry, so generating a real pole of competitiveness. From its head offices in the San Sebastian Technology Park and since its setting up in Tianjin (China) and Bangalore (India), it has been working to facilitate its associates' access to international markets.
AFM is much more than an association, as it also has its technology unit, INVEMA, the machine tool research foundation. Its job is to promote technological development and improve the industrial management of the sector's companies, in close collaboration with its R&D, quality, and safety units.
SPAIN IN THE 2012 IMTS
Specifically, 10 companies will exhibit their most important technological innovations at the IMTS pavilions and booths: Danobat , Etxe-tar, Fagor Automation ,GMTK, Goratu , Izar , Madaula , Meco , Soraluce and Zayer with a total occupied space of 934 sqm.
Parque Tecnológico de San Sebastián
Paseo Mikeletegi, 59
20009 San Sebastián - SPAIN
Tel.: +34 943 309009 - Fax: +34 943 309191
Trade Commission of Spain in Chicago
500 North Michigan Avenue, Room 1500, Floor 15
60611 Chicago, Illinois
Tel.: 001 312 644 1154 / 5
Fax: 001 312 527 5531
Sponsored by ICEX
(Instituto Español de Comercio Exterior)
Last modified 27-07-2012