The machine tool sector is knowledge intensive, so the people working in it are its companies’ main asset. Therefore, in collaboration with universities and training centres, the Association carries out activities to promote the sector among students studying technical subjects, in an attempt to attract the best to work in companies in the machine tool sector.
Training is also one of the mainstays of the progress and growth of the machine tool sector. In order to train and develop the abilities of the highly skilled staff required by the sector’s firms, AFM can count on the active collaboration of the IMH, the Machine Tool Institute, a benchmark Vocational Training Centre in Spain and University College attached to the University of the Basque Country.
On the other hand, PROSCHOOLS is a unit specialising in educational technology transfer through the promotion and start-up of vocational training centres and establishments all over the world. It is part of AFM, which currently has two vocational training centres abroad: the Chinese-Spanish Machine Tool Vocational Centre in Tianjin, China (CSMC) and the Malaysian-Spanish Institute in Kulim, Malaysia.
- Skills diagnosis
- Promotion of training activities
COORDINACIÓN DE ENTIDADES
- Dual Engineering (Grade attached to the Basque Country University)
- ASMAOLA (Process innovation centre)
- CSMC – Chinese Spanish Machine Tool Centre
- Appealing to technical students
- Monitoring of the Machine Tool Unit at the Higher Technical Engineering School at the EHU-UPV (University of the Basque Country)
- Participation in employment fairs (TECNUN, EHUUPV,…)
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Last modified 06-05-2013